How do you fix an Amazon Prime app CS11 error? Whether you’re trying to download the Amazon Prime Video app to your Android or iOS device or just experiencing issues with the actual video content, you will likely be frustrated when you run into this issue. Here are some steps that should help with the problem and get you watching your favorite shows and movies on your phone again in no time!
If you’re having problems with the Amazon Prime app, you’re not alone. Many people have experienced this error and other errors associated with the app, including freezing up and crashing. Luckily, there are ways to get around these errors and enjoy Amazon Prime on your devices again. This guide on fixing the CS11 error on the Amazon Prime App will walk you through the basics of the error and solutions to help you troubleshoot it to get it working again on your device.
What is the CS11 Error?
The Amazon CS11 error occurs when trying to watch or use certain applications that are not provided by Amazon.
It appears as an error message at launch and asks you to uninstall any extra security software (Amazon calls them apps) you may have.
This is required because of a bug in Java that could potentially compromise your security while using their app store.
Why Is the CS11 Error Amazon App Happening?
If you get a CS11 error while using your Amazon Prime app, there are a few different possible causes.
However, don’t worry. You can fix it yourself or have Amazon do it for you.
Here’s how to solve the amazon prime app cs11 error. How to Fix Amazon Prime App CS11 Error:
There are two ways that you can solve an Amazon Prime app error.
The first way is by uninstalling and reinstalling Amazon Prime Video from your device.
To do so, follow these steps:
1) Open Settings
2) Go to Apps
3) Scroll down until you find Amazon
4) Tap Uninstall
5) Confirm Uninstall
6) Restart the device
7) Reinstall Amazon
8) Restart the device
9) Open Amazon
10) Select Restore Purchases
11 ) Start watching
That should take care of your problem right away! But if not, then there’s another way that you can try as well. Just remember that Amazon will not refund any charges related to content consumed while trying to watch videos with a CS11 error message.
Steps to Fix Amazon Prime App CS11 Error-
1) Turn off WiFi
2) Restart the Device
3) Install Amazon (not sure how? Follow the steps above!)
4) Download Videos/Music
5) Restart the Device
6) Turn on WiFi
7) Watch Videos
This will force the Amazon Prime Video app to refresh its library. And hopefully, when you turn on WiFi again, all your content will be available!
What can you do about fixing it?
Amazon’s mobile app, which is available for both Android and iOS devices, is in beta testing. That means that errors are a normal part of life.
The amazon app cs11 error ios pop up when Amazon detects suspicious activity or an issue with your device when using its Prime Video streaming service.
Depending on what kind of issue you’re facing, there are several things you can do to get back up and running quickly. Here are some potential fixes if you run into Amazon CS11 errors while trying to watch Prime Video streams.
Check Date and Time For Android & For iOS.
If your device doesn’t automatically adjust the date/time, you can turn off the Automatically Set Time Zone and manually adjust the date/time, as needed.
- Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Confirm that Use Cellular Data is not checked.
If you are unable to set a time, then try turning Airplane Mode on for 30 seconds or until time changes.
You can also check out Amazon’s troubleshooting page.
- Once all settings have been verified, restart your device.
- When you’re ready to start watching Amazon Video again, open the Amazon Video app and sign in with your Amazon account information.
- Then tap Sign In at the top right corner of the screen. Finally, tap Watch Now at the bottom of the screen and enjoy!
Check Android Permissions
- Go to Settings and choose Apps.
- Open the Amazon app by scrolling down.
- Check that all of the settings are enabled by clicking on permissions.
- Otherwise, simply click Allow.
For iOS users
- Open your device’s settings.
- Scroll down until the Amazon App appears.
- Open it and check all the boxes.
Add Amazon Exceptions to the Firewall or Disable Network Firewall
Amazon CS11 errors occur for a number of reasons, but one common one is firewall issues. Firewalls are meant to keep certain types of traffic from going through, which means that you might get an Amazon CS11 error because of it.
It’s not uncommon for firewalls in office environments or schools (where they’re put in place by IT departments) to block Amazon traffic because they assume it’s dangerous since users might have pirated content.
To add an exception, follow these steps (using Windows):
- Navigate to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall With Advanced Security.
- Select Inbound Rules > New Rule.
Expand Custom in Rule Type, then select Program under Program Category.
Amazon app cs11 error ios
After updating your iPhone or iPad’s operating system, you may see an error message when you try to use certain apps that require a high level of security.
When you get a CS11 error in these instances, don’t panic. There are a few things you can do that should help solve your problem quickly. This guide will teach you what CS11 errors are and how to fix them by troubleshooting common causes. If none of these suggestions work for you, contact Apple Support for more help.
- First off, if your phone is acting up or restarting itself for no reason, that might be why you see a CS11 error message pop up every time you try to open certain pages of your app.
- To address this issue, clear out temporary files and reset device settings.
This should stop any rogue apps from causing problems—and solve any issues related to a possible OS problem as well.
- We recommend holding down both buttons while rebooting (power + volume) until Start appears on the screen before letting go.
- Then select Recovery Mode (or similar option) using Volume Up/Down button and then pressing the Power button once more.
Wrapping It Up
If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you’ve probably noticed a recent update to your app. As part of that update, several new features have been added. However, along with these new features came a bug—one that leads to a CS11 error message popping up when trying to open some parts of your app. Fortunately, there are a few different steps you can take in order to fix it quickly.