Method 1: Creating a New Roblox account (without DOB restrictions)
- 1: From a PC or a mobile device, visit the account creation page of Roblox.
- 2: Once inside, click on the Sign-Up button in the top-right section of the screen.
- 3: Inside the credential window, select your birthday and make sure the year will ultimately make you over 18 years old. This will ensure that the extra security layer on Xbox One is not available.
- 4: Complete the rest of the required information, then press the sign-up button to create an account, then follow the on-screen instructions to verify your newly created account.
- 5: Once the new account is successfully created, return to your Xbox console and click Sign In as your Roblox account.
Try joining the world and you should no longer be greeted by the same error code: 103.
Method 2: Allowing ‘Content from other people’ on a Child account
- 1: On your Xbox One console, sign in to your parent account and access the My Apps and Games option from the main dashboard menu.
- 2: From the My Apps and Games menu, access the Settings menu.
- 3: Once you’re inside the Settings menu, scroll down to the Family tab and select the Child account that you’re encountering the issue on.
- 4: Once you’re inside the Settings menu of the Child account, choose the Custom template (under Privacy) to start editing the custom Privacy preferences.
- 5: Next, scroll cycle through the carousel privacy menu and access the entry associated with See content other people make.
- 7: Restart your Xbox One console, sign in with your Child account and repeat the action that was previously causing the Error Code: 103 to see if the issue has been resolved.
Method 3: Performing a Power Cycling Procedure
- 1: Start by ensuring that your console is fully booted and in idle mode (not in hibernation).
- 2: Next, press the Xbox button (on your console) and press it for about 15 seconds (or until the front LED turns off and you hear the fans turn off).
- 3: Once your console is fully operational, wait at least 1 full minute before restarting it. While you wait, you can also disconnect the power cable from the power outlet it’s currently connected to in order to ensure that the power capacitors are completely cleared.
- 4: After you do this, turn your console back to the traditional way (by pressing the power button on your console) and wait for the next start to complete.
Note: If you notice a long startup animation (one that lasts for 5 seconds), it means that the power cycling process was just as successful.
Once the next console startup is complete, open Roblox, attempt to join a multiplayer game and see if the issue is resolved.
Method 4: Reinstalling the Game
- 1: Press the Xbox One console to open up your guide menu, then use it to access the My games & Apps menu.
- 2: Once you go inside the Game and menu ps menu, then scroll down from the list of installed apps and games and find Roblox.
- 3: With Roblox selected, press the Start button and then choose to manage the game from the newly appeared context menu.
- 4: On the next pane, use the menu on the right to select Uninstall All – this process ensures that you install the base game with each installed add-on and not and game update.
- 5: Once the uninstallation sequence is complete, reboot your console and wait for the next startup to complete.
- 6: Access your digital library or insert the physical media, reinstall Roblox, and launch the game to see if you successfully managed to fix the 103 Error code.